ReachGlobal's Pre-Field Training was fantastic! Highlights included:
- 35 sessions over 6 days teaching everything from having the correct "entry posture" to maneuvering culture shock and coping with stress.
- Spotting 20 green baby spiders clinging to our hotel drapes. (Yes, we did receive another room which included complimentary, all you can eat snacks!)
- Watching the kids at training bond over pick-up games of soccer.
- Meeting with Mark's predecessor, Jack & his wife Beth, to learn more about the ministry Mark will be stepping into and Hungarian culture. They were a font of knowledge and our time with them left us excited and ready to go!
- Maintaining my sanity while not sleeping for 5 days straight and having the easiest urgent care experience of my life. Thank you Jesus!
- Bonding with missionaries and staff from all over the world.
- The college/high school group painting "The Rock" for PT LIVE.
- Best of all, we developed a deepening trust in the Lord to accomplish the ministry in Budapest He has called us to!
Prayers were essential and the requests we sent out beforehand were answered right and left. Soooo grateful to all of you. Words like "blessed" and "honored" don't begin to describe the feeling of being lifted up by such a strong, encouraging team of prayer warriors. Since we've returned, God has been vividly at work in our lives. His plan for September - December of support raising has been rapidly unfolding as we've sought His guidance through wise counsel, fasting and prayer. The Lord has responded in miraculous, confirming ways and we are bursting at the seams to share with you what's to come. However, that will have to wait until our next post.... 🙂